Click for larger Image
---Instructions to bid---
* Please press the "Add to cart" button, and proceed in the normal way.
* Enter your bid in the REMARKS box which appears during the shopping process.
* The minimum initial bid for each bottle is 55,000 Yen.
* Please bid in increments of 1,000 Japanese Yen. Bidding increments of less than 1,000 Yen are invalid.
* Current lowest accepted bid (CLAB) is updated at 5pm each day. (Japan time and except Saturday & Sunday)
* We will update the CLAB at 2pm & 4pm on 15th, the last day.
* Bidding will close at 5pm on 15th July.
* We will inform the winning bidders directly.
* The highest & lowest accepted bids and the total amount donated to charity will be also presented on MaltCity.
* Shipping charge & handling fee (Domestic : 2,000Yen / Overseas : 4,000Yen) will be added to total amount.
* Please do not add the other products to cart with your bidding.
* No charge is made at this stage.
* Purchasable right is limited to one bottle per person.
* No forwarding services are accepted for this product ; we can only ship to a final address.
* Malt City will email only to the winners by 18th July and explain the purchase procedure on our website.
* The purchasable right is valid for 3 days after the email from Malt City.
* Purchases by anybody except those without the right will be disallowed.
* 100% of the bidding proceeds will be paid to charity after deduction of all government taxes and payment commissions.
* Banking transaction fee is payable by winners.
* Cancellation is disallowed after bidding/winning.
* At the time of closing, if more than one person has the current lowest acceptable bid, a drawing will be held.
Inspired by the photographic technique of ‘timestacking’, a careful vatting was made of malt distilled over a period of 4 decades at Karuizawa distillery. This represents the distillery’s entire active period. This bottling contains malt from every decade of production, from 1960 right through to 2000, with a generous portion of whisky from the early 80s, the distillery’s ‘Golden Time’, thrown in the mix. It is, in other words, the history of Karuizawa distillery merged into a single dram. The vatting was returned to wood for marrying for several months and the result is nothing short of sublime. Drinking this is a kaleidoscopic experience, with so many elements and signature notes from the various periods of distilling at Karuizawa flashing by… and loads of little surprises, too.
Proceeds from the sale of this bottle (tax and shipping costs excluded) will be donated and split 50-50 by two children's charities in Japan: Carillon Kodomo Centre (who operate children's shelter in and around Tokyo) and Shine On! Kids (specifically their program to provide children with cancer with therapeutic dogs).
Region / Japan
Cask Type / Sherry Cask matured
Vintage / ---
Age / ---
Strength / 61.8% vol.
Volume / 700ml